Should Your Colorado Business Upgrade to Windows 11 and What Are the Top Benefits?
The new Windows 11 is designed to be the operating system for hybrid work and learning with many new features and advanced security technologies.
In the past, we worked to fit the personal computer (PC) into our lives but today, we fit our lives into the PC. The global pandemic has accelerated digital transformation and taught us that organizations need to be resilient, and technology has become critical to that resilience.
The new Windows 11 is designed to be the operating system for hybrid work and learning with many new features and advanced security technologies. As you question whether you should upgrade to Windows 11 or not, there are many benefits your Colorado business should consider.
Windows 11 Basics
There will be several differences between Windows 11 and all previous versions. New tools have been created or updated, such as Snap Assist, multiple desktops, and a new redocking tool.
With Microsoft Edge, the new Microsoft Store, and several personalized new Widgets, you can easily find apps you use often, like your calendar, and quickly stay up to date on news, information, and entertainment.
The new Windows is faster, wakes up from sleep faster and browsing on any browser is faster. Windows 11 updates are 40% smaller and they are more efficient because they happen in the background. This product uses less energy which gives you more battery life and makes windows more responsible.
Windows 11 Requirements
If your device is currently running Windows 10, and your computer is compatible with the requirements of Windows 11, upgrading to Windows 11 will be free.
You’ll have to run a compatibility assessment to make sure Windows 11 can operate on your device. To do this, you can use the PC Health Check app or you can check with your PC Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Your IT department or IT services provider can help you determine if your current hardware meets the requirements.
If your device does not meet the requirements, you will have to consider purchasing a new PC. PCs with Windows 11 pre-installed will be available for purchase from a broad selection of retailers later this year.
The Top Benefits of Windows 11
There are many benefits for your Colorado business to upgrade to Windows 11 and here are the top benefits.
- Complexity Made Simple – The new start menu, with snap layouts, is simple, clean, and optimized so that you can find what you need quickly to be more productive. With the new search bar, you can find anything anywhere on your PC, OneDrive, and the web.
- Android App Integration – If you were reading a document on your phone, with one tap, you can get right back into the document on your PC. You’ll be able to discover and search for apps in the new Microsoft store and the apps will live on the new start menu or will be integrated into the new taskbar.
- Advanced Security Technologies – Windows 11 is the most secure Windows yet and is secure by design with new built-in security technologies that will add protection from the chip to the cloud, while enabling productivity. Windows 11 provides a Zero Trust-ready operating system to protect data and access across devices. Windows has worked closely with its OEM and silicon partners to raise security baselines to meet the needs of the evolving threat landscape and the new hybrid work world.
- Snap Groups – If you have a selection of apps you are using, Windows will remember and keep your apps on the task bar in the event of an interruption or if you were away for a while. Snap Groups will immediately restore your apps for you.
- Next Level Task Switching – You can now choose to switch between apps or entire projects easily bringing multiple windows back together.
- Plug and Unplug – If your laptop is attached to your monitor, and you need to change your location to go to a quieter room to take a call, once you detach your laptop, windows will drop the screens on your monitor down to your laptop. When you reconnect, everything will be back to where you had it before on your monitor. You will no longer have to reconfigure your layout.
- Multiple Desktops – Stay organized and focused with multiple desktops. You can set them up differently, each with its own wallpapers and you can have as many as you need. You can have one for home, one for school, one for work, and one for gaming.
- Teams Integration – Teams is directly integrated onto your taskbar. This will allow easy access to chat, call, and video call with anyone, anywhere in the world on any device. It doesn’t matter what device you use – Windows, iOS, or Android.
All Mountain Technologies and Windows 11
All Mountain Technologies can help your Colorado business decide if upgrading to the new Windows 11 OS is right for your organization. If you do decide to upgrade, we can help you prepare for these changes without losing time and productivity.
If you are considering Windows 11, then you will need an experienced IT services partner who can help you integrate it into your work environment. All Mountain Technologies can make the new Windows integration simple for you. Give our Edwards Office a call at (970) 748-8880, or call our Denver Office at (303) 500-6854. You can also send an email over to email@example.com.
All Mountain Technologies (AMT) focuses on the IT service needs of businesses in Aspen, Vail, Avon, and across the Western Slope and in Denver. Our full-time, dedicated team of professional technicians and Always-On™ managed support service ensures your business networks run smoothly, efficiently, and securely. We can take IT entirely off your plate or assist your existing IT department with repetitive or time-consuming tasks so they can focus on bigger goals. Our mission is to deliver stability and peace of mind for business success.